University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Business Administration (MBA) degree
1. Time taken to complete the course
1. Time limit for study (years).
Seven years is the maximum time you can study this MBA
2. Minimum registration period required to graduate for full time study and part time study.
There is no part time study available for the MBA program. You must take one six-credit course per term. There are three terms per academic year. Full time employed can easily and successfully complete this since MBA is delivered online.
3. Average time to complete (years) for full time study and part time study.
Three years (Full time).
4. Is the program more appropriate for working students or non working ?
Both types of students can be successful. Most students work full time.
1. What is the total cost including graduation fees.
Approximately $29,000, not including books.
2. Are scholarships available for distance learning or for Executive MBAs ?
Not at this time.
3. Is the program accredited ? If so please indicated accreditation
International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
Please visit http://www.umuc.edu/departments/bus-exec/mba/newsInformation/iacbeAccreditation.shtml
4. Distance Learning
1. Is distance learning supported ?
ie can this MBA be studied online ? Yes.
1. If so can it be studied purely by distance learning.
This program can be completed completely online.
2. Percentage of teaching materials online.
3. Percentage of online coursework.
4. Online teamwork with other MBA students.
Each student is assigned to a cohort of approximately 25 students who continue together through completion of their MBA program.
5. Students required to study in local study centres / on university campus.
5. Residency requirements and distance learning options
1. Can non American residents study this program ?
1. Number of enrolled online MBA students.
300, this Summer term 2009.
2. Percentage complete in the previous years. Details not available at this time
3. Percentage of International students. Details not available at this time
2. Can I apply online? Yes.
3. What is the deadline for submitting an application? September ( 9th of Sept 2009)
4. Are there any age restrictions? No.
5. Incoming students per year. 1600.
6. Is an undergraduate degree required? Yes.
7. Is prior work experience essential? No. If so What type of work experience is required? None.
8. Admissions essays? No.
9. Letters of recommendation? No.
10.Is credit transfer available for prior study ? Students who transfer 3 credits of graduate coursework from another university may take AMBA 617 Strategic Management (3 credits) in place of AMBA 670 (6 credits).
11. Are interviews compulsory for distance learning ? No.
12. Is GMAT required ? No.
13. Is reapplying allowed ? Yes. If your application becomes inactive you can re-apply. If so which admissions round is the best to apply ? You can apply year round for admission.
14. What paperwork do I have to submit with the application form? Please visit http://www.umuc.edu/grad/admitpro.shtml for all the details.
15. Can I submit copies of documents? Your transcripts must be received sealed.
Do I need to attend an Open Day for the MBA? No.
16.Is there any other advice that would help my application ? If you earned your degree outside the US, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/studserv/international/gr_admission.shtml . You will also need to have an International Credit Evaluation.
Please visit http://www.umuc.edu/studserv/international/intl_credeval.shtml for the details and forms.
1. Examinations required or coursework based ? Professors discretion.
2. Online examinations ? If required, yes.
3. Thesis/ Dissertation or final project based ? Final project.
9. Job prospects
1. Would this qualification improve chances of getting a job in the US. The MBA program is designed for working, mid-career professionals from a wide range of academic and organizational backgrounds, so it will depend on the students background as well as several factors, such as the job market and the economy.
2. What are the job prospects in the USA after completion ? It will depend on the students background as well as several factors, such as the job market and the economy. Please visit http://www.umuc.edu/programs/grad/mba/additional.shtml#career_path for some potential options.
3. How many of your past graduates are gainfully employed upon completion ? Please contact Todd Cinani at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
4. Alumni salaries surveys etc. Please contact Todd Cinani at email@example.com for details.
5. What support do you provide for MBA students to help them find a job? For career services department. Please visit http://www.umuc.edu/careerservices/careerservices.shtml for details about the services.
10. Academic staff
1. Would it be possible to contact a member of the academic staff who is directly involved in the delivery of the program ? Yes. If so please include the contact details (email / phone etc). Please visit http://www.umuc.edu/departments/bus-exec/directorsFacultyProfiles.shtml for a list of MBA faculty and their contact information.
2. What are the highest academic qualifications of the staff who are directly involved in teaching this course. All the MBA faculty have at least 1 Ph.D.
1. Degree title MBA/MA/MS/etc. MBA.
2. Would this qualification be acceptable for entry into a Ph.D. (or any doctoral program). Different doctoral programs have various entry requirements. UMUC is a regionally accredited institution.
12. Are disabled students catered for either for distance learning or classroom based ? Yes. Please visit http://www.umuc.edu/students/dss.shtml for Disabled Student Services.
Enrollment Team contact details:
Office of Enrollment Management
University of Maryland University College
3501 University Boulevard East
Adelphi, Maryland 20783
800-888-UMUC ext. 6732
Most Popular Pages
- 1. What Is An Online MBA?
- 2. How Do I Find The Top Online MBA Programs?
- 3. Online vs. Traditional MBAs
- 4. Accredited Online MBA Programs
- 5. Are Online MBAs Recognized In The Workplace?
- 6. Internet MBA Programs
- 7. Advantages and Disadvantages of an Online MBA Degree Program
- 8. What Do Recruiters Think of Online MBA Degree Programs ?
- 9. Online executive MBA programs
- 10. Best executive MBA programs