Distance Learning MBA Henley Business School University of Reading
1. Time taken to complete the course
1. Time limit for study (years) It is a 3 year (stage) course but can be completed in 3 stages over 5 years.
2. Minimum registration period required to graduate for full time study and part time study . FULL TIME = 1 year PART TIME (exec) = 2 years DISTANCE LEARNING = 3 years
3. Average time to complete (years) for full time study and part time study FULL TIME = 1 year PART TIME (exec) = 2 years DISTANCE LEARNING = 3 years
4. Is the program more appropriate for working students or non working ? FULL TIME - non working, PART TIME (exec) & DISTANCE LEARNING – working
1. What is the total cost including graduation fees FULL TIME = £33,000 PART TIME = £39,950 DISTANCE LEARNING = £16,795
2. Are scholarships available for distance learning or for Executive MBAs? 20% Bursary for DISTANCE LEARNING (September 2009). 50% Bursary & 100% Scholarship for Exec (2009 Intake deadline passed)
1. Is the program accredited ? If so please indicated accreditation
1. International (AACSB, Amba, Equis, EFMD Cel) AMBA, EFMD Equis &, AACSB
1. Distance Learning
1. Is distance learning supported ? ie can this MBA be studied online ? Yes – 3 Henley based study visits per year – the rest is online.
1. If so can it be studied purely by distance learning No – the minimum requirement is to attend Henley once a year.
2. Percentage of teaching materials online
3. Percentage of online coursework
4. Online teamwork with other MBA students – Yes
5. Students required to study in local study centres / on university campus - As Q 4.1
6. Campus facilities
1. for online distance learning - Accomodation for study visits, Restaurant, Library, Computer resources, Study areas
2. offline non distance learning or regional center based - Full-Time accomodation & as per Q 4.6.1
7. Regions where MBA is supported
1. If distance learning is not supported, what is the best option for a working student – Distance learning is supported with only 3 compulsory campus visits (1 visit per year)
8. If distance learning is not supported, Can a student work part time while studying the MBA – FULL TIME no, PART TIME & DISTANCE LEARNING yes.
1. Residency requirements and distance learning options
1. Can non residents study this program ? Yes
1. Number of enrolled online MBA students 60 per intake, 3 intakes per year.
2. Percentage complete in the previous years
3. Percentage of International students
1. Department or Programme website http://www.henley.reading.ac.uk/management/mba/mgmt-mba.asp
2. Can I apply online? N/A
3. What is the deadline for submitting an application? No official deadlines, usually 1 month before programme start date.
4. Are there any age restrictions? No
5. Intakes per year FULL TIME =1 PART TIME (exec) = 1 DISTANCE LEARNING = 3
6. Is an undergraduate degree required? Yes in most cases
7. Is prior work experience essential? If so What type of work experience is required? Yes – 3 years relevant managerial experience if you have a degree, 10 if you dont.
8. Admissions essays? Yes, 1 in application. Others if applying for scholarship/bursary.
9. Letters of recommendation? Yes, 2 references - 1 x Academic 1 x Professional
10. Is credit transfer available for prior study ? If so can you please provide specifics No
11. Are interviews compulsory for distance learning ? If so How many people are interviewed? How is the interview conducted (blind interviews etc)? No
12. Is GMAT required ? If so What is a typical GMAT score No
13. Is reapplying allowed ? If so which admissions round is the best to apply ? Yes – if initially rejected you may re-apply when you have sufficient experience as directed by the admissions department.
14. What paperwork do I have to submit with the application form?
15. Can I submit copies of documents? should they be Certified Copies? They may be copies but must be certified (signed) by an official)
16. Do I need to attend an Open Day for the MBA? Not compulsory, most find it beneficial in the decision making process.
17.Is there any other advice that would help my application ?
As you are most probably aware, the basic entry criteria for the MBA are as follows;
- 3 years management experience
- an undergraduate degree (without degree 10 years management experience or you will be required to complete the Diploma in Management)
We offer an informal CV review against Henley’s ‘Management Experience’ document (please see attached) in order to compare your managerial experience against our requirements. This will give you an indication of whether you have an appropriate level of management experience to be accepted on an MBA program. If you would like us to review your CV then please do not hesitate to send contact us.
1. Examinations required or coursework based ? Both. Stage 1 = 1 Exam & coursework. Stage 2 = 2 Exams & coursework. Stage 3 = All coursework & Electives.
2. Online examinations ? No - Exams may be sat
3. Thesis/ Dissertation or final project based ? Electives
1. Job prospects
1. Would this qualification improve chances of getting a job in the US Yes – we are ranked #1 in the world for networking & personal development
2. What are the job prospects in the USA after completion ?
3. How many of your past graduates are gainfully employed upon completion ?
4. alumni salaries surveys etc
5. What support do you provide for MBA students to help them find a job? – MBA careers service
1. Academic staff
1. Would it be possible to contact a member of the academic staff who is directly involved in the delivery of the program ? If so please include the contact details (email / phone etc) firstname.lastname@example.org. Programme Director – Distance Learning MBA
2. What are the highest academic qualifications of the staff who are directly involved in teaching this course - Professor
1. Degree title MBA/MA/MS/etc - MBA
2. Would this qualification be acceptable for entry into a Ph.D. (or any doctoral program)
1. Are disabled students catered for either for distance learning or classroom based ?
Please leave a comment below if you have any further queries.
Most Popular Pages
- 1. What Is An Online MBA?
- 2. How Do I Find The Top Online MBA Programs?
- 3. Online vs. Traditional MBAs
- 4. Accredited Online MBA Programs
- 5. Are Online MBAs Recognized In The Workplace?
- 6. Internet MBA Programs
- 7. Advantages and Disadvantages of an Online MBA Degree Program
- 8. What Do Recruiters Think of Online MBA Degree Programs ?
- 9. Online executive MBA programs
- 10. Best executive MBA programs